Monday, February 16, 2009

Stay at Tanjung Inn, Cherating over Chinese New Year Holiday

At 5th day of Chinese New Year holidays, I have decided to go up the Cherating, Terengganu for a quick short break away from the city. As expected the well known hotels like Impiana Resort, Holiday Inn and Legend Resort are all fully booked. Anyway, I am decided go to the Kg. Cherating to try my luck, as you know, there are full of smaller hotel and chalets along the road of Kg. Cherating.

Since I have turn into the Kg Cherating, the first accommodation I saw was The Moon, it is built on the jungle, back-to-nature kind of theme. It look interesting, but I am not in the mood for adventure; therefore, I did not even ask there are any vacancy. Along the road road I found Residence Inn on my left and the Cherating Beach on my right. However, I did not stop to enquiry either.

Later, I have manage to see the shore line at my right, it is about 50m away from the road. Then I found a place called Ranting Inn which some nice chalet along the beach. Try my luck, but it is fully booked. It seem that it had been reserved by group of tourists from oversea.

Anyway, further down the road, after passed by some restaurants I saw a signboard of Tanjung Inn. I went in to enquiry and with luck, they still have one more chalet available with the price of RM55 per night. Later, I found out that it sued to be RM50 and the price has raised since lat year. But anyway, Tanjung Inn price is constant all year round, even in the peak season. So, it actually is a very decent place to stay.

The beach is about 50m away from the chalet and the man made lake is beautiful and clean. When you reach the beach , there are chinese seafood restaurant on your right and a beach bar at your left. Overall, it is a nice and quiet place for those love to get away from the stressful city life.




For booking, you can contact Kamal, a nice gentleman at 09-5819081

7 comments:

  1. How about the facilities there?
    Food wise? any recommendations?
    I am planning to go during CNY 2010..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facilities is only average, you got your chalet with your own bathroom inside. Then they have BBQ place for you and you can have your outdoor party there, which you can enjoy yourself to the fullest as long as no other guest complaint about you.

    For food wise, just down the road there plenty of small restaurant and price is reasonable. But there are no exceptional good food unless you drive back up to the main road toward Kuantan.

    For more info of accommodation in Cherating, you can check this out:
    http://www.pahangtourism.com.my/accomodation/cherating.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the place peaceful? Is it worth to go as couple?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good place for couple, as well as group. You can enjoy a camp fire & singing songs under the moon just few meters away from your chalet

      Delete
  4. Still can do reservation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, Tanjung Inn is less known, so it is good chance there are still rooms.

      Delete